About this Module 1 Exam:
The Orange Foundation course is comprised of 3 Modules that when completed will be at a Grade 2 which is a Level 1 award.
In this Module 1 exam you will be asked to play elements from the course materials covering open chords and 1 Octave scales. There is a theory element covering rhythm, note values and note reading.
The exam comes with a Practice/Mock exam which gives you the chance to test your sound levels whether you are plugged directly into your computer or your amp.
The course for this exam can be found here: www.orangeamps.com/learn
Course accredited & recognised:
The foundation course of online lessons and course materials for this exam can be found here: www.orangeamps.com/learn
The syllabus containing the learning outcomes and what is in the exam can be downloaded for free here: Orange Learn – Complete syllabus 1.2.1
Accredited & recognised Internationally:
What’s in the exam:
The module 1 exam comprises of the 5 following lessons from your Foundation course:
- How to read notation and tab – This will be presented as theory multiple choice questions
- Rhythm – This will be presented as theory multiple choice questions
- Open strings – This will be presented as theory multiple choice questions
- 1 Octave scales – An AI examiner will ask you to play a random choice of scales learnt
- Open chords – An AI examiner will ask you to play a random choice of these progressions
Trinity Rock & Pop Initial guitar
Rockschool debut guitar grade
RGT LCM guitar step
How long does it take?
Approximately 10 minutes from start to finish.
Minimum system requirements:
- A laptop or PC with screen (not available for mobile or tablets)
- Browser: A current version of Chrome/Safari/Firefox
- Operating system: Windows 7/OS X
- Internet: Stable wi-fi or Ethernet for best results. Download speed 5 Mbps – Upload speed 2 Mbps
- Camera: Built in camera or external HD camera with microphone
- Sound: Any speaker system that you can hear comfortably (not available for headphones)
Firefox Browser not currently supported.