BETA – This is a new digital online service in beta phase – Continued testing and improvements are ongoing.
– Take it away
– Susanna Fry, Head of Examinations for LMA music school
Want to take your Exams
Anytime & Anywhere?
You are in the right place!
We are the first fully accredited online music exam
platform that offers affordable, accessible
qualifications worldwide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Why Use Online Music Exams
- Accredited Exams
- More Accessible
- More Affordable
- Maximises Performance
“It’s great to hear about the launch of Online Music Exams. Young people learn in a variety of ways, and it’s fantastic that Online Music Exams offers an accessible, flexible and stress-reducing option.”
Matt Griffiths, CEO of Youth Music
“We are really proud to be able to offer our
Exams with Online Music Exams, this is a huge development for the UK music education system!” Orange Amps
How It Works
- As a student, once you have learnt your course material and feel
prepared, you can take an exam at any time and on any date.
- Seriously, it is up to you when you sit your exam, as long as you have good internet connection, you can take your exam anywhere. (In your house, on holiday, at school…)
- Your exam performance is captured via video and audio recordings and then sent to our dedicated examiners to mark. (We have a guide to ensure that you are set up correctly before your exam is recorded).
- Once the exam starts, an automated examiner (AIE) will set each task.
- Students will be asked to play the exercises and performance pieces by their chosen course provider.
- As the exam process is completely online (and therefore very efficient), we are able to mark and send certificates within days (rather than the standard timeline of 2-4 weeks with alternative boards).
- Students will be sent their marks and digital certificate directly to their account.
Accreditation & Quality Assurance
One of the reasons we are the first and only provider of government accredited, online music exams to grade 8, is our attention to detail and quality control.
Our examiners can review exam material in the marking room with more accuracy through the replaying of the exam, cutting the need to look away to write while you play. Examiners can also see the student and their playing in more detail than current face to face exams as the recording is much closer. The only examiners marking your exam will be the ones who specialise in your instrument of choice, so no more piano examiners marking your drum exams. Our FPS (frames per second) checker helps to ensure a good quality of image and audio syncing. We have independent moderators who also mark your exam to make sure our examiners are always accurate. Under these recording conditions students can afford to relax and perform in familiar surroundings. Below are our regulatory and accrediting bodies.
We value our partnerships and are able to provide educational establishments with individually tailored online exam platforms for their students.
We are also able to quickly modernise and digitalise current paper and analogue music exams (whilst being ecologically mindful).